Sunday, August 28, 2011

Goodbye summer

Is anyone else sad that summer is coming to an end? I have to admit, I'm getting anxious about the long cold winter months coming our way. One more month and then goodbye splash pads and pools, goodbye picnics, goodbye campfires and smores, goodbye visits to the lake, goodbye hikes, and goodbye parks. Until next year:) Please be a mild winter.....we don't want another 9 months of cold weather filled with ear infections and flu's!



I think we all kind of thought this was going to be a leisurely hike...um no, it was ridiculously hard. Okay maybe I'm just out of shape, but it took a couple days to recover from this one. At least we got to enjoy it with our good friends!

Oh Drake please never lose your nice round belly...it makes us smile.


The canyon is beautiful this time of year!

Wild Liam. Drake misses you already!


Time to buy a new sweatshirt? A scene from Tommy Boy comes to mind when I look at this picture. Seriously, when did my kid get so big? It fit him a couple months ago.


Don't you love how kids aren't affected by temperature. This water was so cold it hurt so of course Drake walks over to it and sits waist high in it while he plays in it all afternoon.


Cort taught Drake how to be annoying....poking people with the tall grass was the highlight of our visit to Cascade Springs. Thanks Cort:)



Believe it or not this was my first visit to the Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island. We've only lived here for what....4 years. better late than never and we had a great time! Also, a little FYI, salt and baby's eyes do not go well together...

There were bison everywhere!


Here's a few randoms that make us smile.

Doesn't he have the most adorable face? We just love this kid so much!


Our wild Shirtless boys fighting over Elmo. Now it's stuffed animals and eventually it'll be girls. If the girl is into farmer tans than my kid would win for sure!


Loving his Grandma. He is so sweet!


This picture is not staged!! Drake actually pulled down his own diaper and sat down to watch t.v. on his own. Yup, look out ladies!


Okay so I found some positives about winter!
1) boots
2) hot chocolate
3) soup
4) scarfs
5) snowboarding
6) NO MOSQUITOES
7) spinning donuts in parking lots (or cookies for some of you)
8) Christmas
9) Thanksgiving
10) I'm not the only one that's pale

Doesn't sound so bad now does it?



1 comment:

  1. Drake and Liam are so cute together. I am glad they are so close in age since Liam has no cousins his age.

    ReplyDelete