Monday, August 6, 2012

Wishing summer was longer

I wish summer could last longer.  We've been keeping ourselves busy which explains that lack of blogging lately. So my mom came to visit! Well actually she's still visiting, but figured I'd better start uploading some pictures now since since I'm going to have WAY more pictures in a few weeks here. 

Here we are enjoying a nice picnic and the Gardens. We fed fish, chased rabbits, found frogs, and were attacked by mosquitoes. 











                                       had to get a quick picture of the mom and I after church.
                                            Love my wild little man. Can't keep clothes on that kid!
  Even though I've lived in Utah for years now I still think it's strange to celebrate Pioneer Day. Everyone gets off work on the 24th and we celebrate with more fireworks and parties. It's pretty awesome!
     Drake has been obsessed with fireworks since the 4th of July. He talked about the firework show we took him to for weeks. So we thought it'd be fun to do some of our own little fireworks....
 little did we know we'd be dealing with 2nd degree burns on all of Drakes fingers (just FYI we were supervising and helping Drake with the sparklers). But the crazy kid was asking to do more fireworks the next day! Guess it wasn't too traumatizing...

Here we are at the Gardner family reunion. My mom and her brother were in charge of their reunion this year so we all headed to the mountains for the weekend to visit family. Minus the stomach bugs and colds we all had it turned out to be really fun!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having fun with your mom! Drake is so cute with the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete