I've been meaning to post some pictures from our VA trip, but it's better late than never right? Drake and I sadly had to leave Brett at home while we took off for a 2 1/2 week trip to Virginia. Besides the exhausting long flights because my child refused to sleep we had a great visit! No matter how old you get it's just nice to go home! Drake and I planned our trip around my brother's family visit so we were able to spend some time with them too!

(I'm very pale I know, but I had been in snow up till then)
When I left Utah it was cold and snowy so we were pretty excited to pop out the shorts and to hang out in the warm sun. I loved calling Brett and bragging about the beautiful Spring weather! I would even send him pictures of Drake at the park just to rub it in a little!
Don't worry I got some serious payback for bragging to Brett. We were stuck in some pretty nasty rainstorms! We even ended up in the basement during one of the storms when we were placed under a tornado warning. So I had to wake up a tired and grumpy kid and bring him to the basement late that night. I ended up bringing the crib downstairs because I figured we would be there for a while. A couple hours and lots of lightning and thunder later the tornado warnings finally moved on and we made our way back upstairs. Even though I've been in tornado warnings before I still get sick to my stomach and nervous when we get a storm like that. I'm pretty sure I'd be of the worst people to be stuck in a basement with during a storm! I still believe this anxiety come from a traumatic experiences as a kid that involved me in a tent during one of the worst thunderstorms. Okay, it probably wasn't the worst thunderstorm, but I was in a tent surrounded by trees and no where to go and nothing to do but cry! So, I think I can claim it as a traumatic experience and that it caused my unusual anxiety about storms.


During our trip we were able to visit Mt. Vernon. In case you can't remember your history lessons it's where George Washington's lived. His house is in a dream location with amazing views. We were able to see his gardens, greenhouses, animals, mansion, tomb, as well as all the different houses on his property where all his workers worked and slept. It's a beautiful place!






hanging out in one of the greenhouses


I guess the mansion was too much fun for Drake...he fell asleep during the tour

Then we celebrated Easter. Drake's a lucky boy celebrating Easter again with the Grandparents! We did an Easter egg hunt with the cousins and then sat around and ate tons of candy while we watched a movie. And yes, as always, I over did it with the candy and got sick!





One of my favorite foods is steamed shrimp smothered in Old Bay Sauce! Eating steamed shrimp is not only a Clater Christmas family tradition but since moving away from home it's become a tradition to make steamed shrimp every time we visit.


Just some randoms and Easter pictures...












Sorry for the picture overload! Virginia was so beautiful... I couldn't resist taking pictures!
Mican you take such beautiful pictures. You could have posted a million and I would still be in awe. You are very talented and Drake is so beautiful/handsome.
ReplyDelete