Monday, June 20, 2011

It's about time...

I'm so excited to FINALLY have new family pictures! The last time we had family pictures taken was when Drake was 2 months! Now that he's a year old we figured we better get some new ones taken. So we met up with our friends at some old buildings in Lehi and took each other's family pictures. Drake is not a fan of the camera, probably because I'm constantly sticking it in his face, so we had to throw him up in the air or spin him around right before each picture to make him smile. Brett is a difficult one during pictures too... he rather we just took one quick picture and be done. After a stressful morning of trying to get the two boys put together and ready for pictures we arrived at the sight just in time to have it rain on us! Thank heavens it was only a quick rain storm, but it made it super humid outside! Okay not super humid, just Utah humid... I'm from Virginia so I know was real humidity is! So even with all the sweating I think our new pictures turned out really cute! Here's just a few of my favorites so far.








Here's some other pictures from the last couple weeks. After our family pictures we were able to meet up with our Friend, Kristen who is now living in South Carolina. Her husband and Brett are best friends and grew up together in CA. Kristen and I met In Idaho while we were dating our husbands. Oh the memories of standing around for hours in the sand dunes while the boys took off on their dirt bikes and the hours we spent watching them shoot guns. We were too good to those boys! It was so great to see her and her adorable little girl Riley! Hopefully, we'll be able to make a visit their way some time in the near future!

Earlier this month my friend and I took our boys to Thanksgiving Point farms. Drake is finally getting to the age where he's starting to recognize animals and I love teaching him about all the different animals and sounds they make. While we were there Drake was able to rode a pony and we all were able to ride on carriage. It was a beautiful day in Lehi!

Gavin and Drake getting ready for the Zoo. I love how they both have the open mouth stare.


Drake going right for the nostrils!



This baby horse kept chewing on Drake's shoe laces! His foot was flying up and down and he just kept staring at the horse like it was no big deal. Eventually, he got tired of it and was ready to move on.

Drake's buddy Gavin...isn't he adorable!?!


Drake's newest thing is collecting rocks. He loves to pile them up on benches or on his bike and then throw them off one by one.



We also went to the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake. We'd never been there before and it wasn't bad. They actually had more animals than we expected. Most of the animals were hiding or sleeping, but isn't that was usually happens when you go to the zoo. At least we got some amazing views of the giraffes and monkeys! Drake was even allowed to pet a snake!


That's quite a tongue!


Some randoms from this month! I just can't get enough of his adorable smile!

This probably makes me look like a horrible mom, but I had to take a picture! He crawled under our dining chair and couldn't get out! This isn't the first time he's done this. I tried to show him how to crawl out so he wouldn't get stuck again, but that just made him more upset. Don't worry I lifted up the chair and let him out right after I took a picture! He was fine and happy and walked away to make trouble somewhere else.
I love our little trouble maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment