Tuesday, April 5, 2011

tubes, birthday, and whatever else we took pictures of

So Drake finally got tubes!! I have to admit, I panicked when doctor carried him into the operating room. I looked crazy, I couldn't hold back the tears and ended up hanging out in the bathroom crying for most of the procedure! I felt so stupid crying over him getting such a simple procedure, but I hated the thought of him being scared and I was sad we weren't there to comfort him. But, after about 20 minutes or so the doctor came to us and told us everything went great and he took us to the recovery room to see Drake. We were under the impression that Drake would be out of it and sleepy, but when we we entered the recovery room our kid was wide awake and screaming. He looked like a wild boy with his shirt off and his face all red! The nurse was trying to keep him calm, but he was so upset and confused that he just kept crying. He jumped out of the nurses arms and into mine and gave the nurse a stare down as she left. The doctor warned us that younger kids come out of anesthesia angry and upset, but we didn't expect it to be this bad. The anesthesiologist came in to check on him and said "he put up quite a fit with that gas mask!" and all Brett and I could do was laugh because we knew our kid wouldn't go down without a fight! But, wouldn't you fight some stranger coming at you trying to put some weird mask over your face!? Once he was fed and got a nap, he woke up as if nothing had happened!
We are amazed at the difference the tubes have made! Drake has always been a sweet boy, but now he is happier, sleeps better, has more energy, and has less ear infections! We only wish he had gotten them sooner!

The day after Drake's procedure was my birthday. The big 25! When Brett asked what I wanted I just told him I just wanted to be pampered! So the Friday before my birthday I took a friend and we went to a spa for facials and massages. It was wonderful! Then on Saturday I got a make-over with friends at Nordstroms during their fashion weekend or whatever they call it. To make my birthday even better, I ended up winning the Nordstrom raffle! Everyone was asked to fill out information cards so they could be entered in a raffle, so my friends and I figured it was worth a try. I was feeling pretty confident while I was filling out my card so I told my friends I was going to win and I'd share the bag with them when I did. So after the make-overs and the little fashion show they said they would pick a name from the box. I saw the lady take the card out and look at it and then pass it on as if she didn't know how to say the name, so right then and there I knew it was mine. They called my name and I cheered and ran up to the front for my winnings! Unfortunately, the bag wasn't as excited as we thought it was. It was like they went to every department and asked for the cheapest thing there or the freebies. So I got every perfume sample available, lotion samples, some weird hand towel, and other odd things. But I did get a few things that I like such as two cute shirts, a jewelery cleaner, a nice coin purse, and a messenger bag! I was just so excited to win something! my birthday was celebrated with good friends, family, and a yummy Texas Sheet cake made by Brett! It was perfect!

Here I am in the pink shirt I won!
Attempting a group shot

Last month Drake learned to make a new face that we can't get enough of!
We call it the "stay puft" or "marshmallow man" face from the movie Ghostbusters. This has become a common look on Drake's face these days! He loves to make this face when cameras are around, so we have tons of pictures of him looking like the marshmallow man.



Drake has 7 teeth now! Only 10 months with 7 teeth and one about ready to pop out! I can even see two more teeth working their way out too! This kid is going to have a full set of teeth before his first birthday!
But, all those teeth are causing his books to look like this...

It seriously looks like a dog had his way with all Drake's books!


We can't update the blog without tons of pictures of Drake so here are some random pictures from last month!

We know...our kid is awesome!

1 comment:

  1. That's great news with the tubes. He is such a cute baby too.

    ReplyDelete