Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's time for a Party!

So as you may have noticed I've been blogging a lot more than usual and there's a reason for it. Brett and I are terrible and keeping a journal and I'm not too crazy about scrap booking, so I've decided that I'm going to make our blog into books. It's kind of like a journal and scrapbook all in one for us. After the passing of my Grandparents, I realized how fun it was to get to know them better by looking through their old pictures and letters. My grandma had an awesome scrapbook of her as a teenager with friends and boyfriends. Their were pictures of her at the beach modeling and pictures of her in a fabulous fur coat going out for a night on the town. My Grandpa had a journal that he kept during the war documenting the events of the days as well and letters he had given my Grandma while they were apart. This just made a realize that I want my children and their children to have something to remember Brett and I. I want them to have the opportunity to get to know us like I did with my Grandparents. So hopefully, we'll get on top of the whole journal thing as well as stay on top of the whole blog thing. This way our kids and grand kids will get to know us a little during our younger years.

Now that I'm done rambling, I'll get back to our Party. Last Friday we threw a little Halloween bash at our house. We invited a few couples from the neighborhood as well as my brother Cort and his wife. Everyone dressed up and brought yummy snacks and we talked and played games. We ate tons of junk food and candy and had a great time doing it!

My brother and his wife went all out on these cookies...I think my brother really enjoyed decorating them! They're were pretty gruesome but so much fun!

mummy hotdogs! If you look close they have faces on them!


swap juice (lemonade and seltzer water with food dye) with fish and worms hanging out at the bottom...


pumpkin cupcakes...delicious.....

Us as Homer, Marge, and Bart Simpson

Ryan and Diane as a flamboyant fashion designer and his international runway model

Megan and Matt as Luigi and Peach

Cort and Lyndsey as Quail Man and Patty Mayonnaise- from the old Nickelodeon show Doug


And the creative Kyle and Leah went as dirty laundry and a messy bed


Let the fun begin!
Drake loved Kyle's soft and cuddly costume

Game time! The second game we played was Cranium- Girls VS. Boys- Unfortunately the girls lost:(

The clay somehow dried up so we used left over dough from the hotdog rolls ....good thing it worked! Don't worry we didn't cook it after we used it:)

How great is this random picture? You can tell we're thinking hard about the question...

Just the girls at the end of the night!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mican! I found your blog thru some other neighbor's....but LOVE your costumes! Way cute!
    So, I have been bad at blogging lately, but I do the blog book thing thru blurb and it is great! I have one so far printed, and one that is almost ready to order, but I love scrapbooking that way!
    Our blog is private, so I will have to get your email to invite you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gingerbread cookies are awesome! That's hilarious. Everyone did such a good job dressing up! Usually people just throw something together but you guys all had great costumes! That's so much fun, I love Halloween parties!

    ReplyDelete