Tuesday, April 2, 2013

a little catch up

Between sicknesses, preparing for baby, bed rest, family visits, Holidays, and birthdays, I'm finding it hard to stay on top of this blog. So here's somewhat of a recap of the last couples months...

Valentines day wasn't our best this year. Brett went snowboarding all day with my brother while I spent all morning at the doctors with contractions...that's about it for our romantic day. We picked up Five Guys that night while I lied around and chugged water (doctors orders). But I decided that since I never got Christmas cards out this year (which I'm usually on top of) I would send out Valentines cards instead. That was another fail, because I made the cards and ordered them and then never sent them out. So here's the pictures of Drake I used on the Valentines cards. At least Brett got one right? I was trying to get a couple cute pictures of Drake but instead got 15  to 20 random funny expressions...but I kind of love them. These pictures pretty much sum up my kids personality.



We had both Grandparents visit in February. Drake has really gotten into cooking so he was always in the kitchen with his Grandmas cooking away.


Holidays are the best with kids! The naughty leprechaun came to visit us fr St. Patrick's Day. Drake was so excited when he woke up to find that the leprechaun got into his paint and made a mess all over the kitchen. 

My amazing friends threw me a baby shower (which was great considering we've done pretty much nothing to prepare)! It was so crazy opening presents with little girl stuff! It's just making me so more excited to meet our little girl! Come on May!!! 

My mom came into town a couple weeks ago to help out with Drake while I've been on bed rest. I have a pretty amazing mom in case you didn't already know that.





I grew up with this girl in Virginia. Our due dates are exactly a week apart! I actually have my induction date set (cause lets face it, if I can be induced a week early I'm on top of that) is on her due date.  

                                          One of my favorite people, Cami. Grew up with her in Virginia too. You wouldn't know she just had twins last summer.....she looks amazing!(taken with phone so a little blurry)


We were very excited about the Easter Bunny this year! Drake is really starting to get excited about the Holidays so we went all out with the Easter Bunny this year. He actually visited our house twice so he could celebrate with cousins early. 



        and of course we couldn't forget about my family tradition of the coconut in the Easter basket.

And here we around 34 weeks! Our goal for the last 7 weeks was to make it to this point and we will officially be 34 weeks tomorrow! Baby is measuring right on, placenta has moved up (because I was borderline placenta previa), she is head down, and already showing that she has hair in the ultrasounds. I'm also nice and low as you can tell in this picture. I refuse to buy bigger maternity shirts since I only have a month left so I might have to move on to Brett's shirts before too long here. Now I'm allowed to move around more and our next goal is 36 weeks! I'm excited to finally start decorating the nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment