Wednesday, January 4, 2012

You might need a few minutes for this one...

cause this is a ridiculously long post full of pictures!

Here's a little preview of some Christmas card pics in case you didn't get one (we pretty much just gave cards to family this year).
Oh Drake and his infinite expressions...




We took down our Christmas decorations yesterday. Drake kept begging for us to turn on the Christmas tree lights when we were taking down the tree. He went to outlet and kept trying to plug the lights in while begging and saying "wights, wights, wights". I can't believe Christmas already came and went and the new year has begun. Oh well, here's to an amazing year!

We spent Christmas in California this year. We started in Manteca (Brett's hometown) for Christmas then made our way down south to San Luis Obispo to visit my brother for a couples days. Beautiful weather, pretty beaches, lot of yummy and fattening food, what more could you want?

Jan had it all set up for us to go to a friends house to ride his train. Yes, he has a train in his yard. And it was awesome. The whole family jumped on the train and we rode around his house while we ate cookies and waved to the imaginary people.


Then we went to a farm/fair. The older boys raced tricycles, we jumped on a trampoline (or slid down the trampoline for the younger ones), we saw horses and ponies, and we even played in fake snow. Well, our little family sat by the fire pit while everyone else played in the snow. I know, we're lame, but we live in Utah...we've seen our fair share of snow and the fire looked super nice at the time.





We went to the Oakland Zoo where Drake practiced his many animals noises. He has an incredible lion roar!




We went to Avila beach for a day with my brother and his family. If you look at the picture above with Drake and I you will see the resort that Brett and I stayed at for our honeymoon. We kissed and frolicked on this very beach almost 5 years ago. And on our honeymoon we decided this would be our dream place to live. Yup, It's still our dream place. Maybe one day...

I have the best nieces! My niece gave everyone who was willing a pedicure. I'm definitely not one to turn down a free pedicure!



We danced to the Wii and had dance competitions! Which by the way Brett was surprisingly good at!
We took walks in the beautiful 70 degree weather and the kids played outside all day. Do you see why this is our dream place to live? Beautiful warm weather year round!

Of course I have to throw a couple Christmas day pictures in! Christmas was so fun with Drake this year because he loved opening presents! The only problem was keeping him from opening other people's presents!



We saw San Francisco and drove across the Golden Gate Bridge.

We played at Half Moon Bay with Brett's parents. It was a little chilly but It was funny watching Drake play in the sand in his big winter coat.

And lucky for us we got to see my best friend Susie and her son Liam again!

I told him "show me your teeth". That's the trick to getting a cute and ridiculously fake smile from him. Of course I was also waving chocolate above my head!

Hope ya'll had a wonderful Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment