So this week got us really excited for Christmas! We went to three Christmas parties, got our new couch (which was our Christmas present to ourselves) and we finished all our Christmas shopping! Now time to sit back and enjoy Christmas with the family. First we went to Brett's work party on Thursday. It was a little bit of a crazy day. Drake had a weird rash thing going on so I took him to the doctors to check it out. We found out he has a little bacterial infection and to our surprise he has yet another double ear infection! I asked the doctor to check his ears since we've learned he's prone to ear infections and of course both are infected! The poor kid can't catch a break from the ears aches! I think he's a few infections away from getting tubes. The doctor said if he keeps getting them like he has been in the last couple months we may need to consider tubes. Since Brett's work party was that night we decided to cancel on the babysitter. He was acting fine that night so we thought we might as well go the party with him and if he started acting fussy then we would leave. He made eating dinner and playing games a little more difficult, but overall he did great and we loved showing him off! Friday night was our church party. They went all out with a live band, balloon maker, Santa, games, and lots of yummy food. Then on Saturday night we had an ugly sweater party. We showed up late unfortunately, so we missed the ugliest sweater competition...but they all told me that I would have won if I was there earlier. You can't tell but, my sweater has cotton balls glued on Santa's beard and I have greenery glued around the bottom of my the sweater (which is long enough to be a dress) as well as on the arms. This was actually Brett's ugly sweater from a few years back, but my friend used it and altered it and made it even uglier! I really love Brett's outfit...It reminds me of an elf! Can you believe the outfits are actually from a second hand store?! People actually wore them! And Drake is in his Christmas PJ's Brett's aunt gave us and we love it!
Picture from the ugly sweater party

Church party

Drake didn't cry when he saw Santa... he just stared the whole time. I probably have about 4 pictures of him just staring at Santa. I had to put the second picture in because I love the shirt! That's right moms and dads, you better lock up your daughters!! I have one adorable and charming kid!


Here's the Christmas Card pictures!! Since I made the cards this year we limited it to family and close family friends because making them took way more time than I thought it would. So if you didn't get one...here it is! Merry Christmas!
The picture of Drake was the actual Christmas picture, but we decided to throw in a little family picture from Thanksgiving for those who might actually want to see our faces. But, serious who doesn't love baby butts?! They're so cute!


Now for the random pictures. I was taking newborn pictures for a friends of mine and I had to take advantage of the amazing light at her house and take a few shots of Drake. I have a ton more....maybe I'll get around to posting them later.



Also, about a week ago our child took his first big kid bath. He no longer has to use his little seat in the tub because he can now sit up on his own. He loves his bath time!

Such cute pics of Drake!! And I LOVE your ugly sweater!
ReplyDeleteLove the ugly sweaters. Classic. Never get rid of those. It's more difficult than you'd think to find a good one.
ReplyDeleteYou look BEAUTIFUL in the picture from Thanksgiving.
Have a Merry Christmas!