Tuesday, February 9, 2010

No, that's not a bowling ball under my shirt...

So I'm at 23 weeks and finally people are realizing that I'm pregnant! I didn't really tell many people at my church because we have about 40 or more pregnant women and it just doesn't come as quite the surprise when another person announces they're expecting. People weren't really noticing I was pregnant till about a week or 2 ago. I actually told my visiting teachers a week ago and they were totally surprised and were even more shocked to find out that I'm as far along as I am.

Well, pregnancy is still going good. I've had a few scares and hospital visits. Brett thinks I'm out of my mind because I worry so much. This is typical weekly conversation between Brett and I.....
Mican-"Brett I think something is wrong"

B-"you always think something is wrong"

M-"yeah but this time something is wrong "

B-"can't you wait till Monday to call the doctor" (my freak outs usually happen on the weekends)

M-"no this can't wait 2 more days"

B-"oh you're fine"

M-"fine, I'm going to hospital without you"

B-"okay"

M-"you really don't want to go?"

B-"not really cause I know the baby is fine"

On the two visits to the hospital this is how the conversation continued....

Brett- "seriously we're going to the hospital?"

M-"yup"

B-"seriously, I mean seriously?"

M-"It's better safe than sorry"

B-"no really are you sure we need to go?"

M-"yes, no more talking"


B-"this baby is already costing a lot of money"

(And by the way, the last visit to the hospital was totally legitimate, I ended up with a bad infection that could have hurt the baby if I waited to go. But I love my husband for putting up with my craziness)

Even though I have weekly freak outs, the baby is doing great! He is quite the kicker and mover. I've learned that eating chocolate really gets him going! The other day he was kicking so hard that I was actually jumping out of my seat every time he kicked. I love it!

Here's the latest picture of me at 23 weeks and just about 6 months along. Only 4 more months to go and then we get to meet our little guy! I already love this kid so much and I can't wait till he's here!
This is the soon to be babies room. It's really messy because we are currently trying to get all the office furniture out of it. We sold the love sac that's in the picture and we brought the white dresser in from the hallway because we thought it would look good in the nursery. I've finally decided on going with a beach theme since the room in a turquoise color. I already picked up some really fun things to go in the room. I'm also making a really cute striped bedspread for the crib and cute brown curtains. I'll post pictures up after the room comes together:)

3 comments:

  1. im so happy that everything is going well with the baby! hehe that is a typical conversation i would def. have with Clark.
    Clark calls our dog a money pit (well he did when we first got him and had to take him to the vet and stuff) haha but i am sure brett wont call the baby a money pit!
    I look forward to seeing the nursery all done up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny! Trust me it only gets more expensive when they come! Good luck with everything! But can you send me your email address so I can add you to my list to view our blog. kgross333@yahoo.com I'm making it private.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your commentary is funny! I understand being worried. I always like when they come out and I can see that they are breathing and ok. They give me new things to worry about now. =) (But at least I can see them.)

    ReplyDelete