So, I haven't told my preschool students that I'm pregnant yet, but I realized the other day that they are already catching on. I love how children aren't afraid to ask anything and they blurt out what's on their minds.
On Monday, I was helping the students with their projects and walking around the room. A little 4 year old girl in my class came up to me to show me her project. I praised her on her coloring and then turned my attention to another student. This little girl kept standing in front of me and I noticed she was staring at me stomach. I asked her she needed to finish her project and then she looked up at me and said "Miss Mican, are you pregnant?" I couldn't help but laugh and say "yes I am" and she walked away with a surprised look on her face. 2 minutes later I look down and there are more children staring at my stomach and smiling. Then I noticed the little 4 year old girl going around the room and sharing my news with all the other students. So I guess the secrets out:)
Then on Tuesday I was with another class and I took them out to get drinks. A little boy in my class came up to the drinking fountain and started drinking and while he was drinking I noticed he was staring at my stomach. Then he stopped in the middle of drinking and asked "Do you have a baby in your belly?" I said "Yes I do" and he just finished drinking and walked back into the class.
Thank heavens I am pregnant or I'd be pretty sad to have kids pointing out my fat stomach!
Thanksgiving in Park City
-
We traveled to Park City to spend Thanksgiving with the Inkley family. Park
City was quite warm and sadly without snow. I didn't miss the bitter cold
tha...
8 years ago
Yay! That's so cute. Kids are just so honest. I am so excited for you guys!!! When do you find out what your having? Looks like you guys had lots of fun in Hawaii!
ReplyDeletethats exciting! i bet the kids love it!
ReplyDeleteDo you guys know what you are having Yet? It is fun when people (kids) notice you are pregnant. It makes that growing tummy worth it.
ReplyDelete