Friday, May 29, 2009

We love the outdoors!

For memorial day we decided to go do some hiking, but everyone else seemed to have the same idea. We picked a trail that we were told was a little steep and about 4 miles long. It had rained the whole day before so the trail was covered in mud and we ended up having to go off trail most of the hike, which was pretty tiring. We were lucky because we seemed to pick a trail that not many people were hiking on, but people kept riding their horses on the trail so we had to keep dodging the messes the horses left behind. It took us over 4 hours to hike the trail, but it was so worth it. The mountains were beautiful!
Brett makes fun of me because I am really scared of bears and mountain lions, so, Brett always carries his gun with us (he has a carriers permit) to make me feel better. At one point on the trail I freaked out because I thought I saw a bear print in the mud, but it ended up just being two horse prints forming what looked like a bear claw. I am so happy we didn't have a run in with a bear.


The Sound of Music... We cornered a snake.... The trees looked like they had eyes......



1 comment: